No, this isn’t a treat for man’s best friend, but rather a healthy anytime snack for the whole family. What I honestly love about this easy treat is that it contains a world of vitamins and minerals, as well as probiotics and other essential nutrients – PLUS the kids will love getting involved in “the making of”!
You will need:
- 500ml plain yoghurt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Wax- or baking paper
Now to get started:
- Line a baking tray or dish with your baking paper.
- Next, pour your yoghurt and honey in a mixing bowl and whisk it together.
- Pour your honey-yogurt mixture into the prepared baking tray or dish, and spread it out with a spatula until about 1cm thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the berries together with your hands – gently so as not to squash them.
- Now for the fun part! Grab a handful of berries and sprinkle it over the yoghurt mixture. Then, gently press down on the berries so that they’re halfway submerged.
- Place the tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Finally, break the slab of yoghurt into smaller pieces using your hands or a knife – and enjoy!
Note: You can also use other fruits like peaches, grapes and pineapple, as well as cereals and chocolate chips.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest