Last year in November, I received some seriously DELICIOUS cookies along with Parmalat’s new Vanilla and Caramel Parmalat yoghurt flavours.
I was lucky enough to receive the recipe for these delicious cookies which are gret to dip in the yogurts or enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
I thought I would share it with you. The recipe is originally by KoekiesEnCream™ – Hestelle Pretorius.
- 3 large eggs
- 980g flour – sifted
- 12ml baking powder
- 4ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 380g butter at room temperature
- 800g sugar
- 15ml vanilla essence
- 60 small Cream Caramels
- Unwrap Cream Caramels and place them on a plate, a few millimeters apart and place in the freezer for about an hour.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix two eggs and vanilla essence into the butter mixture.
- With a wooden spoon, fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture to form a soft cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into balls with each ball containing one caramel chew in the middle of the ball.
- Place balls onto lined baking tray and into the oven for approximately 15 minutes on 180°C until light brown.
- Once the cookies are baked, let them cool on the baking tray for a few minute before placing them onto a cooling tray.
- Let them cool completely and serve.
- They will keep in an airtight container for about a week.
The recipe above makes approximately 60 cookies.
Image from KoekiesEnCream™ – Hestelle Pretorius