Mason jars are probably some of the handiest and most useful “must-haves” of the season, and you really don’t have to be a rocket scientist to find a use for them. One particular use that I’ve really come to love, is using mason jars as gifts for teachers – especially since we’re getting to that time of year now!
There are endless options and ideas, but these are a few of my favourites:
- Create a teacher’s stationery kit-in-a-jar, complete with highlighters, mini post-its and pencils.
- Put your baking skills to the test, and fill the jar with an assortment of homemade biscuits.
- Alternatively, place all the dry ingredients of your favourite biscuit recipe in a mason jar, and attach the recipe for a DIY gift.
- Fill the jar a variety of bath and beauty products, for a “Spa in a Jar” gift idea.
- If you’ve got green fingers, make a little terrarium by planting a small succulent inside.
- Create a little pick-me-up jar for the days when the kids can get a bit much – think small candies and bites of deliciousness.
- Make a back-to-school survival kit, complete with wet wipes, lip ice, band aids, emergency pencil, post-its and more.
- Ask the kids to cut interesting shapes out of a piece of paper, and slot the page into the jar for an instant votive candle holder.
Original images and their credits available on Pinterest