Let me start off by saying that I’m not a particularly trendy person. I am girl happy in her jeans & flops or boots depending on the weather. But I was approached a few months ago to try out shoes called Skechers. I mentioned the brand to a few friends of mine and everyone I spoke to said Skechers were simply the best! So, I tried them and well, I can say I am converted & these shoes are worth a write-up!
What is a Skechers Shoe?
Whether you’re walking for fitness, for fun or just to get from A to B, Skechers GOwalk3 shoes are the perfect choice if you’re wanting to look great, feel great, and achieve maximum results for your mileage.
Designed and manufactured by one of the world’s most favourite trainer brands, the Skechers GOwalk 3 makes trudging the pavements or wending your way through outdoor trails feel like you’re walking on air, with its GOga Mat™ insole AND Skechers Memory Form Fit along the heel.
The adaptive GOga Pillars™ underfoot create the softest stride you could ever imagine and are there to energize your every step with ultimate comfort and cushioning, while the shoe’s upper is crafted from a structured yet breathable mesh, and a quick-fit portal for easy-on, easy-off convenience.
The GOwalk 3, the one I received, have been designed with a keen focus on the ‘athleisure’ market. They offer superior comfort, great performance and sustained mileage for athletes and eager-to-reform couch potatoes alike.
Here’s a quick rundown on my thoughts of these shoes:
- The first thing I can tell you from the first time I put a pair on, they are unbelievable comfortable and soft. I felt like I was walking on Cloud 9 with every step I made.
- These shoes work perfectly in a pair of jeans for doing your grocery shopping to wearing them for training at the gym or walks around the block.
- They are colourful – this was a bit of an adjustment for me given I don’t generally wear bright colours, but I chose an option that wasn’t too colourful and suits my personality perfectly.
- If you are one to use it during exercise, you can rest assured you are being supported & shoes are breathable.
- I have a tendency to pronate but have been able to use these shoes without any pain for moderate activities. One could run in them, but with my pronation issues, I have opted not to.
- From a price perspective, they are more on the pricey side, but they do last and you reap the benefits from wearing them. The fact that they are also able to be used for both exercise and everyday life gives it more “value” for your spend.
So, would I consider another Skecher pair in the future? Definitely!
Where to Buy
These shoes are available at Skechers stores, selected Edgars stores and leading fashion retailers nationwide.