Blogs have become increasing popular over the last few years. Admittedly, it is great fun to write and read other Mommy blogs! I have a few blogs of my own and keeping them up to date can sometimes be quite tricky, but it’s a lot of fun to have. Taking the time now and again to read through what was written months ago can be a good laugh!
If you are already a Mommy Blogger, then please read the last paragraph in this blog post to help get your blog “out there”. If you are Mommy looking to start a Mommy blog, then here are some tips to get started that a) won’t take forever and b) won’t cost you an arm and a leg!
Where to start
There are quite a few blogging options / software applications that you can choose to run your blog for FREE! It’s very much a personal choice. My FAVOURITE is most definitely WORDPRESS and I do think that it has possibly become one of the easiest blogging tools to use in the last few years.
There are other blogging options that include:
How to choose
It’s very much a personal choice. One of the things that one should consider when choosing a blogging software is how extensively you want to use your blog. That is, do you want advertising? Do you need certain flexibility with your pictures?
It would be best to do some searches, read the FAQ of each blogging software option and make a decision.
Ideally, if you want to save on costs, it’s worth going for blogging software that can host your blog for you for free. I, myself, don’t have experience with all of the blogging software above, BUT do know that Blogger and one of the WordPress sites can do exactly that for you. I’m sure the others can too, but you will need to do your homework there, I’m afraid.
I’ve chosen and am all setup, what now?
Firstly, YAY! Well done and welcome to the blogging world!
Now, all you really need to do is post away by sharing your ideas, thoughts or whatever your blog is about.
Here are a few tips to help you get started and getting your blog out there (if you would like other people to read it, of course):
- Blog / post regularly. I was SOOOO guilty of not doing this with my old blog called Raising Ethan blog (no longer). However, with my business blogs, such as my South Africa Wedding Blog, I’m on it DAILY and it does pay off. It takes time, but just enjoy doing it and the traffic and readers will come!
- Get your blog out there – start a Facebook and Twitter page and invite your friends to join.
- Personalise your blog – personalising your blog can make people enjoy it that much more and make you less of a stranger to others.
- Clean design – don’t overdo it with the design of your blog. You want people to be able to read your blog and not get lost by some frilly stuff in the corner. So, keep it simple and tasteful.
- Post USEFUL or niche stuff – there are MANY blogs out there and, if you want a following, post unique, useful or specific stuff that could / will appeal to other people.
- Most important – ENJOY!
Calling ALL Mommy Bloggers:
If you’re a Mommy blogger, please post your link in the comments form below to share with other Momtrepreneurs out there.