The Cookie Monster is almost as popular as the scrumptious cookies he so loves to consume. Whether you’re planning a full blown Sesame Street birthday party or just want to surprise the kiddos with cupcakes-with-a-furry-twist, these cute cuppies are quick and easy to whip up – no skill required!
- 12 x cupcakes (ready-made or homemade – entirely up to you!)
- 24 x white peppermints or soft mints
- 6 x chocolate chip cookies
- 500g icing sugar
- 250g butter
- Blue food colouring
Now let’s start decorating
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the food colouring little by little until you’ve achieved Cookie Monster blue.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of frosting into a separate bowl and add more blue food colouring to this separated batch to make extra dark blue icing (for the eyes).
- Frost the cupcakes with your blue icing – feel free to get creative by using a peak technique to create the “hair”.
- Now break each chocolate chip cookie into half “plant” it in the icing where Cookie Monster’s mouth should be.
- Decorate the cupcake further with white mints for the eyes.
- Finally, use a skewer or dotting tool to make the pupils using your dark-dark blue icing.
Image Credit: www.janedonald.com