This one worked for me when my almost 4 year old refused to eat anything other than toast and if I was lucky, packet of chips! This is a recipe you may need to tweak a bit to suit your taste with seasoning and stuff, but it’s yummy for the whole family and has some “blackmail” material for your kids to get them to eat with SIMBA CHIPPIES! 🙂
- Approx. 500g Chicken Breasts (no skin) sliced and diced
- Rice (2 cups of uncooked rice)
- Packet of Cream of Mushroom sauce
- Salt and Pepper and any other spices you fancy
- Large Packet of Simba Barbeque Flavour Chips
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Depending on what rice you are making, make 2 cups of uncooked rice as per the instructions.
- In a pot, fry up the chopped up garlic and onions until browned.
- Add the Mushroom soup, water required for the soup, chopped up chicken and chopped mushrooms into the pot with the onion and garlic.
- Leave to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- While all this is happening, get your kids to help you crush the chips – not too fine – it should still resemble a broken chip. (They will enjoy this – throw the packet of chips around the room a bit, play soccer with it in the lounge – get creative!)
- Add the cooked rice to the pot of chicken in the sauce and mix well.
- Once mixed, pour contents into a square oven dish.
- Pour the chips over and spread over the contents evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!